Welcome

This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox
Refresh page if comment menu and some images are missing
Drop a simple message before you go =)

You are free to view my entries. Whatever things written here are ought to stay only inside that gray material of yours called brain. The information stated here stays here.


I have adopted trees. SAVE THE EARTH

Webmistress



Louise Anne Luces.
silverdusk07|fallenskii03.
17.
Muntinlupa City.
Lazy Bum|Blogger|Sleep Fanatic


Tagboard



Archives

» I'm Closing
» Happy Mother's Day!
» It's Summer Time!
» Closure 5: High School Graduation
» Closure 4 : Uh...
» Closure 3 : Bag Raid
» Pre-Ending S.Y. 2009-2010
» Closure 2: Five Years of High School
» Closure 1: A Day Before SY Ends | Exams
» Photoblog: Last Open House


Credits

Summer Layout | Doodles and Daydreams
Base Layout by JanLovexYouu
Graphics are from ChocoGoodies & Sugarpink
Tweeking by Louise
All Rights Reserved ®




Last Summer Escapade for 2010
Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mode:

When I came back from my physical examination last May 14, my dad told me to pack up because we'll leave for the province. I was expecting for us to leave the next day, not that I'm enthusiastic, but I didn't feel like going to a far place under a hot sun.

The first day didn't go well for me. I was irked by some person and I found it hard to move around the place we stayed in. It was all thanks to the social events happening near our place that I managed to sleep peacefully. We walked around the place for social events (drinking, bands and on the other place, there was a beauty contest) and I actually felt like jumping on a vacant table and hangout but I got no sister or cousins my age with me during that time.

The second day, however, was a lot of fun. I didn't expect myself to be a tourist in my province for one day. I thought that Tayabas, Quezon or Quezon province itself doesn't have any tourist spots but I was wrong.



Lucban, Quezon, which is a nearby place in Tayabas, is holding Pahiyas Festival every year and Tayabas has the "Kamay ni Kristo" grotto. Pahiyas Festival is a festival commemorating San Isidro and this festival marks the end of all festivals in the country. The colors of summer come alive again through the colorful house decorations in Lucban. Out of all the things I like in summer is the color. I only love light colorful things which fit in the season and which will not give me this "that-color-is-friggin-hot" feeling.

There was a lot of tourists and I was really envious because everywhere I look at, they have DLSRs with them while I use my crappy music player to take pictures. [xD(camera) was with my sister in her Puerto Gallera escapade] Most of the streets were filled with houses with beautiful decorations and it's amazing XD



Do you see those colorful leaf-shaped decorations? Those are edible :D They call it "Kiping", it tastes good. I was eating one while loitering around the place.



When I came back, there was a parade going on which involves farmers and the statue of San Isidro(San Isidro is the patron of farmers). As part of the tradition, people will throw goods such as suman and pineapple to the farmers. There was one house who gave away money and I really saw how they fought for it. There wasn't any bloody incidents but you will worry once you see them.


With my cousins Aaron and Clarisse who is a fellow blogger


Our next destination is a resort. I found out something about food again. In Quezon, they eat pancit with vinegar. I tasted it and said, "It tastes like pancit and vinegar" My mom said that the vinegar is for appetizing but when I tasted it, I didn't notice any difference :/



On our last day, we went to our last destination, "Palaisdaan" It's one of the well-known places to eat in Tayabas and I enjoyed the scenery. My relatives didn't like the service and I would agree with them, they need more improvement :|

That's all for this summer's escapade, my mood for three days and two nights was cascading but I had fun even though I missed the third IU Meet. I'm looking forward to next year's Pahiyas Festival :D This marks the end of my major travels for summer. I'm going to pack up and finish everything before classes start :D





Comment count: 4 | Drop a comment