Welcome

This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox
Refresh page if comment menu and some images are missing
Drop a simple message before you go =)

You are free to view my entries. Whatever things written here are ought to stay only inside that gray material of yours called brain. The information stated here stays here.


I have adopted trees. SAVE THE EARTH

Webmistress



Louise Anne Luces.
silverdusk07|fallenskii03.
17.
Muntinlupa City.
Lazy Bum|Blogger|Sleep Fanatic


Tagboard



Archives

» Photoblog: Last Open House
» Back
» 10 Random Things Before 2010
» Vacation Plans
» Last Days Before Christmas Vacation
» Of Love
» Retreat
» Boys and Girls Week Closing Time
» 2nd Hell Week
» Halloween 2009


Credits

Summer Layout | Doodles and Daydreams
Base Layout by JanLovexYouu
Graphics are from ChocoGoodies & Sugarpink
Tweeking by Louise
All Rights Reserved ®




Closure 1: A Day Before SY Ends | Exams
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mode:



My last day is tomorrow. My last day of reviewing was yesterday.

My exams are terrible and I should not be surprised by how terrible my scores will be. The hell week and hell week continuation/exams for this quarter and among my five years in Montessori is the worst.

My first two days are the worst. I did not review AT ALL for those two days (I am not exaggerating) And guess what are the subjects for those two days? Physics and Math.

Before I continue, here's a brief background of these hell weeks.


Mr. Carl: Ano yung hell week? What is hell week?
Me: o.O
Me: Seriously sir, you don't know?
Me: Requirements week!
Mr. Carl: grabe naman


Hell week is a period of 5-7 days of working non-stop in order to submit requirements "on time". This week contains the aura of procrastination, depression and regret. This is a period when you'll ask, "What's the use of all these?" In Maria Montessori Foundation, this period is the DO OR DIE week because there's an existing policy that students cannot take the exams without getting their clearances signed -- and obviously, the signature requires the students to complete their requirements.

Unfortunately, the pandemonium does not end after getting the clearances cleared because the next period of 5 days will be allotted for exams hell week. Again, this week contains the aura of procrastination(for those who are still in need of signatures), depression and regret. This is again a period when you'll ask, "What's the use of all these? Will I need ALL of these in the future?" Due to the main hell week, you only have a chance to review for the subject the day before the exams -- for some, an hour or less before the exams -- and for some, a few scans a minute before the start of the exams.

Speaking of exams, exams contain all lessons from the previous quarters (i.e. During 2nd quarter, 1st quarter is included; 3rd - 1st to 3rd; 4th - 1st to 4th) The minimum number of pages of exam papers is 5 and it can extend up to 18 pages.

---

My ways of surviving:

2nd year:
1. Drop my head on a basin of cold water to fight sleepiness

3rd year:
1. Drop my head on a basin of cold water
2. Dance the Hare Hare Yukai or Realize

4th year:
1. Drop my head on a basin of cold water
2. Dance the Hare Hare Yukai or Realize
3. A pitcher of coffee
4. Coffee cycle/Louise's coffee life <--- maintain 24/7 coffee operation
5. Rock music while reviewing
6. Watch some Gintama episodes

Evaluation:

For this year, I say that my timing is off. Sleepiness will get me before I can crawl towards the kitchen for a cup of coffee. I would fall asleep ANYWHERE or even fall on the floor before I get Cassandra(mp5) to play some music or Gintama videos for me. Number 1 and 2 are old techniques which do not work on me anymore.

Most of the time, I would fall asleep and my only savior is my sister who can manage to deal with a very grumpy me once people will force me to wake up.

For this week, I would like to thank the cat above for keeping me awake. Even though I got several scratches, I was able to keep my eyes open. My sister, the cat, coffee and music ganged up on me to keep me awake.

The previous years were much better so you can safely say that this year is the worst. The attack of Senioritis(disease of seniors; characterized by laziness to do anything; complacent) affected everything: time management, responsibilities and motivation.

I wasn't motivated to strive further because of my recent issue and the worsening condition of Senioritis. I would always be one of the first people who'll submit papers filled with random answers. I won't feel the pressure that there are exams the next day. I review for the sake of reviewing and keeping up with the schedule I followed for the previous years.

Even though I had more instances of not sleeping this year, I didn't feel the fire of determination in me. Futile attempt is futile.

---

Exams actually ended already and I'm just stuck with my report for the last day of school tomorrow.

I can't believe that I'll graduate next week. As I keep mentioning, this year is tragic, that's why I'm not eager to graduate that much anymore because I feel that there's some closure I must do, some action I must do to redeem myself so that I can leave the school and end high school in peace.

But tragic is existent and I have no choice but to comply with all these huge dog dog craps before and DURING graduation.





Comment count: 3 | Drop a comment